WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Mitchell Couple Escapes Burning RV During Vacation

Last updated on Thursday, March 25, 2010

(HOUMA, LA) - A Mitchell couple watched their RV burn Wednesday in Louisiana while on vacation.

According to The Courier in Houma, Louisiana, 73-year-old Irwin Binder was at the Civic Stop gas station in Houma and as he payed for the gas at the pump and selected the fuel grade, the nozzle began spewing gasoline, forcing the nozzle from the pump.

Firefighters arrived at the scene and began spraying the vehicle with water and foam as it burned.

Binder says that the nozzle's handle was stuck in the flow position and was ignited by a pilot light accessible through a vent on the RV.

RV Fire.jpg
Photo Courtesy: The Courier, www.houmatoday.com

Binder says that he and his wife are lucky to be alive.

The couple planned to stay at a local camp and visit Oak Alley Plantation.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page