News Sections
Mitchell Couple Escapes Burning RV During Vacation
Updated May 5, 2013 1:02 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(HOUMA, LA) - A Mitchell couple watched their RV burn Wednesday in Louisiana while on vacation.

According to The Courier in Houma, Louisiana, 73-year-old Irwin Binder was at the Civic Stop gas station in Houma and as he payed for the gas at the pump and selected the fuel grade, the nozzle began spewing gasoline, forcing the nozzle from the pump.

Firefighters arrived at the scene and began spraying the vehicle with water and foam as it burned.

Binder says that the nozzle's handle was stuck in the flow position and was ignited by a pilot light accessible through a vent on the RV.

RV Fire.jpg
Photo Courtesy: The Courier,

Binder says that he and his wife are lucky to be alive.

The couple planned to stay at a local camp and visit Oak Alley Plantation.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File