(BLOOMINGTON, IN) - Indiana State Police is reminding residents that the department is still seeking recruits for the 70th Recruit Academy.
Individuals who are interested can apply online by clicking here.
Applications must be sent in by Sunday, February 28th.
Eligibility Requirements and consideration factors for an Indiana State Trooper are to:
1. Be a United States citizen.
2. Be at least 21 and less than 40 years old when appointed as a police employee.
3. Have vision correctable to 20/50.
4. Must possess a valid driver's license to operate an automobile.
5. Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED.
A recruit is paid $1,417.40 bi-weekly during the academy training.
At the completion of academy training the starting salary is $38,444.00 a year along with a health care plan that includes medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage for both current and retired employees.
The Indiana State Police pension program also provides a lifetime pension after 25 years of service.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com