News Sections
Teacher Critically Injured In Gasoline Explosion
Updated May 5, 2013 1:02 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL, IN) - A Mitchell elementary school teacher was severely burned at his home on New Year's Day.

Kurt Ramey, a 4th grade teacher at Mitchell's Burris Elementery School was taken to Dunn Memorial Hospital in Bedford and then flown to Wishard Memorial Hospital in Indianapolis.

As of Friday night Ramey was being treated in Wishard's burn unit, listed in critical condition.

Fire officials say that Ramey was attempting to build a fire inside a wood stove in his backyard; igniting it with gasoline.

When Ramey lite the fire, it reportedly exploded causing the man's injuries.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File