WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Seymour Fire Leaves 8 Homeless

Last updated on Wednesday, January 6, 2010

(SEYMOUR, IN) - As many as eight Seymour residents were left homeless Tuesday morning following a fire that started from electrical problems.

Police say the fire began in the rear of the home.

A woman and six children escaped the house fire without injuries, with the six children going to school that day, despite losing their home.

Authorities say that the family used several space heaters to keep warm, although officials could not point to the heaters as the direct cause.

The fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damage.

If you'd like to help the families affected by Tuesday's fire, can call the Jackson County Chapter of the American Red Cross at 812-522-3888.

TribTown.com contributed to this article.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page