News Sections
Seymour Fire Leaves 8 Homeless
Updated May 5, 2013 1:02 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(SEYMOUR, IN) - As many as eight Seymour residents were left homeless Tuesday morning following a fire that started from electrical problems.

Police say the fire began in the rear of the home.

A woman and six children escaped the house fire without injuries, with the six children going to school that day, despite losing their home.

Authorities say that the family used several space heaters to keep warm, although officials could not point to the heaters as the direct cause.

The fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damage.

If you'd like to help the families affected by Tuesday's fire, can call the Jackson County Chapter of the American Red Cross at 812-522-3888. contributed to this article.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File