WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Crews Battle Flames At Fayetteville Home

Last updated on Tuesday, January 5, 2010

(FAYETTEVILLE, IN) - Fire crews were called to a residence located near Springville early this morning to extinguish was began as a chimney flue fire.

Once at the scene, the fire had spread into a room inside the house.

Indian Creek Volunteer Fire Department Chief, Stanley Wright informed WBIW News earlier this morning that the fire, which filled the entire house with smoke, left no one injured.

Fire crews managed to clean up the scene and clear the home of smoke in about two hours.

Indian Creek Volunteer Fire Department was assisted at the scene from Perry Township, Oolitic and NSWC Crane's fire crews.


1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page