News Sections
Fire Crews Battle Flames At Fayetteville Home
Updated May 5, 2013 1:02 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(FAYETTEVILLE, IN) - Fire crews were called to a residence located near Springville early this morning to extinguish was began as a chimney flue fire.

Once at the scene, the fire had spread into a room inside the house.

Indian Creek Volunteer Fire Department Chief, Stanley Wright informed WBIW News earlier this morning that the fire, which filled the entire house with smoke, left no one injured.

Fire crews managed to clean up the scene and clear the home of smoke in about two hours.

Indian Creek Volunteer Fire Department was assisted at the scene from Perry Township, Oolitic and NSWC Crane's fire crews.


« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File