(BEDFORD, IN) - Today's snowfall is causing several traffic problems throughout the listening area.
Jasper District Indiana State Police Road Conditions:
Current road conditions within the Jasper District of the Indiana State Police, which includes Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Martin, Orange, Perry and Spencer Counties, are as follows:
- I-64 driving lane is mostly clear with the passing lane snow covered and slick.
- State and U.S. highways are snow covered.
- Secondary roads (county roads) are snow covered.
Troopers are currently investigating a few property damage crashes and slide-offs on throughout the district and there may be lane restrictions at various locations. The interstate is open, but be prepared for sudden speed reductions or stops.
Seymour District Indiana State Police Road Conditions:
Current road conditions within the Seymour District of the Indiana State Police, which includes, Bartholomew, Jackson and Jennings Counties, are as follows:
- I-65, right lane is partly cleared of snow and still extremely slick.
- I-65, left lane is snow and ice covered and extremely slick.
- US-31 is snow and ice covered and extremely slick.
- US-50 is snow and ice covered in areas and extremely slick.
- State and U.S. Highways are snow and ice covered and extremely slick.
- Secondary roads, (county roads) are snow and ice covered. The amount depends on the county you are in. These county roads are extremely slick and hazardous.
- Units in Bartholomew County are reporting areas of low visibility due to the falling snow.
Several car crashes and slide-offs have been reported.
Seymour - Northbound on US-31 at US-50.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org