News Sections
Three Escape Bloomington House Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:02 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BLOOMINGTON, IN) - Three people escaped a Bloomington house fire over the weekend.

According to Bloomington fire Chief Roger Kerr, fire crews were called to 2315 South Rogers Street at around 3:47AM Sunday morning.

When firefighters arrived at the residence, flames were coming out of three sides of the single story house.

Kerr says that fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze fairly quickly and that the owner of the house and her two sons managed to escape the blaze without injury.

Firefighters have yet to determine the exact cause of the fire but early reports indicate the cause was probably accidental.

The home, which was without electricity or gas a the time of the fire, was damaged quite extensively.

Kerr says that the fire may have been started by a candle which could have been left burning in the bathroom.

There is also the possibility of the fire being started by a running generator which powered lights and a toaster oven through extension cords.

The family's dog, which was caged in the basement also survived the fire without injury.

The American Red Cross is now assisting the family with a place to stay, food and clothing.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File