WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Strikes Bedford Gas Station

Last updated on Tuesday, December 22, 2009

(BEDFORD, IN) - Fire crews were called to the Circle K convenience store at 1325 L Street Monday night on reports of fire inside the gas station.

According to Steve Haverly with the Bedford Fire Department, the fire began in a office near the back of the building.

Haverly says that a small personal heater melted a nearby trash can and eventually igniting the plastic can which spread throughout the room.

An attendant reportedly saw that the trash can was on fire and took it outside to extinguish it; when he returned to the office he noticed that portions of the room were also on fire.


Fire officials say that the office area was damaged extensively with the store front suffering moderate damage.

No one was reported injured in the fire; the gas station remains closed at this time.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page