News Sections
Fire Strikes Bedford Gas Station
Updated May 5, 2013 1:02 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD, IN) - Fire crews were called to the Circle K convenience store at 1325 L Street Monday night on reports of fire inside the gas station.

According to Steve Haverly with the Bedford Fire Department, the fire began in a office near the back of the building.

Haverly says that a small personal heater melted a nearby trash can and eventually igniting the plastic can which spread throughout the room.

An attendant reportedly saw that the trash can was on fire and took it outside to extinguish it; when he returned to the office he noticed that portions of the room were also on fire.


Fire officials say that the office area was damaged extensively with the store front suffering moderate damage.

No one was reported injured in the fire; the gas station remains closed at this time.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File