WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

State Fire Marshal Warns Of Dangerous Heater Use

Last updated on Monday, November 16, 2009

(UNDATED) - State Fire Marshal Jim Greeson says over 600 home structure fires in the state last year were the result of alternative heating sources.

He says excessive space heaters, kerosene lamps and ovens are dangerous and can lead to tragedy.

Greeson says help and assistance is available for people having difficulty in heating their homes this winter.

The Fire Marshall suggests the federally funded energy assistance program through the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority as a resource.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page