News Sections
Mitchell Home Destroyed In Blaze
Updated May 5, 2013 1:02 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL, IN) - A house in Mitchell was destroyed by flames on Sunday.

The owners of the home say it's the second fire the family has witnessed this year, their first fire was ignited following an electrical issue.

Dustin Jamison, the owner of the family's modular home was working on his truck when it reportedly backfired and ignited into flames.

Jamison then ran to the nearby garden hose, but was unable to extinguish the fire.

When the fire moved into the home, Mitchell Fire Department was eventually called to the residence.

The house is described as a total loss.

A small boy was injured in the family's first fire, he is still recovering from the January incident.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File