(SCOTLAND) - One of two boys seriously burned April 18 in a fire accident in Scotland has passed away.
Nick Decker died shortly after 10 pm Friday night at Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis, according to Clarian Health Public Relations Coordinator Margie Smith-Simmons.
Decker, a 10-year-old fourth grade student at Bloomfield Elementary School from Scotland, and Josh Merritt, an 11- year-old student at Loogootee East Elementary School were extensively burned when they were consumed with flames from a gasoline explosion accident at a fire pit in Scotland near Decker's home.
Merritt, who lives at Crane Village, remains in critical condition in the burn unit at Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org