News Sections
Smoke Alarms Credited For Linton Family Still Being Alive
Updated May 5, 2013 1:01 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - Smoke detectors are being looked at for being the reason a family in still alive.

The Greene County Daily World reports a smoke alarm woke Erica Watson up yesterday morning who then walked into her kids' room, and found a fire, along with her 3 and 5-year-olds.

Watson got the kids out of the room and that's where fire officials and her husband Anthony believe she received the burns that were on her face and hands. Erica Watson was taken to Greene County General Hospital for treatment.

Crews got the fire out around an hour after they first arrived yesterday morning and contained fire damage to the kids' room and the living room with smoke damage through the rest of the house.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File