Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, April 9, 2009
(BEDFORD) - A Bedford officer got a bit of a scare when a 14-year-old boy collapsed on Washington Avenue right in front of his police cruiser.
Bedford Police Chief Dennis Parsley tells WBIW News an officer was driving on Washington when he saw the teen wobbling along the side of the roadway, and when the officer approached, he fell over on the pavement of the road.
The officer stopped traffic and got the boy to Dunn Memorial Hospital to be looked over, where it was determined he had inhaled air from a can of "Dust Off."
The process, sometimes known as doing "whippets" or "goofballs," involves inhaling the propellant in aerosol cans, which is usually butane.
While doing so may provide a cheap high, it can also injure and kill, either by cardiac arrest or asphyxiation, otherwise known as "Sudden Sniffer's Death."
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page