(BLOOMINGTON) - A man is injured and a puppy is dead after a motorcycle project caught fire in a west side Bloomington home Sunday morning.
The Bloomington Herald Times reports police and fire crews arrived at the West 13th Street apartment home of David Flanders and found the home to be on fire.
The burning apartment was already evacuated, but firefighters and police evacuated surrounding apartments as well.
Police say the fire was ignited when Flanders was working on his motorcycle in his kitchen trying to remove the gas tank when the furnace kicked on and ignited the gas fumes.
Flanders suffered a burn to his arm.
Crews were able to get one puppy out alive but a second one died.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org