(BLOOMINGTON) - Police at Indiana University and firefighters at the Bloomington Fire Department are wanting to know why so many rolls of toilet paper are being found on fire in residence hall stairwells.
IUPD Capt. Jerry Minger says there have been three incidents of the same thing occurring late last week.
Minger says on Thursday night, crews were called to the Tulip Tree Apartments on East 10th Street to the call of a roll of toilet paper on fire in the stairwell between the 5th and 6th floors.
Then, Friday night, crews were called for the same thing on the 6th floor of the Forest Residence Hall B Building.
Finally, Saturday night, crews found a pile of smoldering paper, that looked like paper towel or toilet paper that residents had extinguished, in the stairwell between the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Tulip Tree Apartments again.
Minger says police do not yet have any suspects or witnesses, and the damage has been mostly smoked out stairwells and burns on the vinyl tiles and walls, but they ask anyone with information on these incidents to call the IUPD Investigation Section at (812) 855-4111.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org