(BEDFORD) - Bedford and Mitchell officials are gearing up their proposals for projects they hope will get stimulated by President Obama's economic stimulus plan.
Bedford Mayor Shawna Girgis told WBIW News the Office of Rural and Community Affairs is doing a lot of the local work, which is being submitted to Ball State University who is acting as Indiana's local clearing house of ideas, in a way.
On Mayor Girgis' dream list:
- The Plaza Drive Project (road, water, sewer, storm drainage)
- Replacing the Spider Creek lift station
- Enhancements and/or reconstruction of storm drainage infrastructure throughout the city
- Sidewalks for John Williams Boulevard (INDOT request added to Bedford's)
- As well as other projects
One item she also put on the list is a new station for the Bedford Police Department, however, she doesn't believe that will make it through.
Mitchell Mayor Dan Terrell was originally working on his list with city officials when we initially contacted him, however, he has since sent us a list of his municipalities project requests. They include:
- Hamilton Boulevard Phase 2
- Hamilton Boulevard Bridge Phase 3
- Well Field Project
- Water Treatment Plant
- Storm Water Project
- Sidewalk Project
- Walking & biking trail to Spring Mill State Park
- New firehouse
Ball State has developed an online form of sorts for municipalities and other government agencies to fill out.
Mayor Girgis told us their proposals were due to be in to Ball State officials by February 27th.
Girgis says the city's proposal will be in this week, and then they have to wait and hear what the next steps to take are.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com