WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Stove Fire Damages Mitchell Home

Last updated on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

(MITCHELL) - A stove fire claimed a rural Mitchell family’s kitchen yesterday.

Marion Township Fire Department Lt. Paul Gillespie tells WBIW News firefighters from the Marion and Huron departments were called out to a home on the 200 block of Woodlawn late yesterday morning, and arrived to see smoke coming out of the east side door.

Gillespie says the homeowners told crews the fire was coming from the stove, and so firefighters entered the home and quickly put out the fire.

Fire damage was contained to just the kitchen, however, smoke damage went throughout most of the home.

Between the occupants and the responding firefighters, no one was injured.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page