News Sections
Stove Fire Damages Mitchell Home
Updated May 5, 2013 1:01 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - A stove fire claimed a rural Mitchell family's kitchen yesterday.

Marion Township Fire Department Lt. Paul Gillespie tells WBIW News firefighters from the Marion and Huron departments were called out to a home on the 200 block of Woodlawn late yesterday morning, and arrived to see smoke coming out of the east side door.

Gillespie says the homeowners told crews the fire was coming from the stove, and so firefighters entered the home and quickly put out the fire.

Fire damage was contained to just the kitchen, however, smoke damage went throughout most of the home.

Between the occupants and the responding firefighters, no one was injured.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File