WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Severely Injures 10-Year-Old Mitchell Boy

Last updated on Monday, January 5, 2009

(MITCHELL) - A 10-year-old boy is in bad shape after a fire in Mitchell started in his bedroom early yesterday morning.

Mitchell Fire Chief Tyler Duncan tells WBIW News the fire department responded to a fire call on the 600 block of Crawford Street in Mitchell.

The fire severely damaged at least 3 rooms of the home, but firefighters were able to contain most of the fire within the first 15 minutes of their arrival.

However, 10-year-old Devon Jamison was badly injured in the blaze that started from electrical problems in the wall of his bedroom.

Jamison was taken to Dunn Memorial Hospital and then transported to Wishard Hospital in Indianapolis.

Duncan says that, last he heard, Jamison was last reported to be, at least, in stable condition.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page