News Sections
Fire Severely Injures 10-Year-Old Mitchell Boy
Updated May 5, 2013 1:01 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - A 10-year-old boy is in bad shape after a fire in Mitchell started in his bedroom early yesterday morning.

Mitchell Fire Chief Tyler Duncan tells WBIW News the fire department responded to a fire call on the 600 block of Crawford Street in Mitchell.

The fire severely damaged at least 3 rooms of the home, but firefighters were able to contain most of the fire within the first 15 minutes of their arrival.

However, 10-year-old Devon Jamison was badly injured in the blaze that started from electrical problems in the wall of his bedroom.

Jamison was taken to Dunn Memorial Hospital and then transported to Wishard Hospital in Indianapolis.

Duncan says that, last he heard, Jamison was last reported to be, at least, in stable condition.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File