WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Linton Teen Saves Thanksgiving... And Neighbor's House

Last updated on Thursday, December 11, 2008

(LINTON) - A Linton teenager not only saved a family’s home from fire, he also saved their Thanksgiving.

The Greene County Daily World reports Jeromy Hunt of Linton noticed smoke coming out of a neighbor's garage on Thanksgiving Day, and then ran to the home and alerted the family who was, at the time, sitting down for a big Turkey Day dinner.

The unsuspecting family was able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher, saving the house and the holiday.

The paper says the fire started from a faulty wire in an outlet that was just put in the day before thanksgiving.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page