News Sections
Audio
Linton Teen Saves Thanksgiving... And Neighbor's House
Updated May 5, 2013 1:00 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - A Linton teenager not only saved a family's home from fire, he also saved their Thanksgiving.

The Greene County Daily World reports Jeromy Hunt of Linton noticed smoke coming out of a neighbor's garage on Thanksgiving Day, and then ran to the home and alerted the family who was, at the time, sitting down for a big Turkey Day dinner.

The unsuspecting family was able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher, saving the house and the holiday.

The paper says the fire started from a faulty wire in an outlet that was just put in the day before thanksgiving.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback