WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Dog Dies In Guthrie House Fire, Owner Gets Out Fine

Last updated on Friday, November 7, 2008

(GUTHRIE) - A Guthrie man is without a roof over his head after a fire claimed his home early this morning.

Guthrie Volunteer Fire Department Chief Brian Hutchinson tells WBIW News fire crews were called to the home at 401 Buddha Road at around 2:00am this morning.

When crews from both Guthrie and Shawswick arrived on scene, the house was fully involved. The man who lived there said he was awoken by the smell of smoke and got out okay, however, his dog died in the fire.

Hutchinson says investigators are still trying to find out where and how the fire started, but he did say the home was a total loss.

Hutchinson says nobody besides the dog suffered any sort of injury in the blaze.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page