News Sections
Dog Dies In Guthrie House Fire, Owner Gets Out Fine
Updated May 5, 2013 1:00 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(GUTHRIE) - A Guthrie man is without a roof over his head after a fire claimed his home early this morning.

Guthrie Volunteer Fire Department Chief Brian Hutchinson tells WBIW News fire crews were called to the home at 401 Buddha Road at around 2:00am this morning.

When crews from both Guthrie and Shawswick arrived on scene, the house was fully involved. The man who lived there said he was awoken by the smell of smoke and got out okay, however, his dog died in the fire.

Hutchinson says investigators are still trying to find out where and how the fire started, but he did say the home was a total loss.

Hutchinson says nobody besides the dog suffered any sort of injury in the blaze.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File