(BEDFORD) - Bedford Fire officials say nobody was injured in a fire near downtown Bedford Thursday night.
Bedford Assistant Fire Chief Steve Haverly says crews were called to a home at 14th and G Streets after flames were spotted coming out of a west-facing window.
Haverly says the occupants of the home had stepped out for a while when there was an electrical arc at an outlet, and sparked the fire.
The fire was contained to just the one room, though there was smoke damage throughout the house.
The occupants of the home were not there at the time and nobody, including firefighters, were injured in the blaze.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org