WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Lyons Woman Succumbs To Fire Injuries

Last updated on Monday, September 29, 2008

(LYONS) - A Greene County woman died this weekend from injuries sustained in a mobile home fire last week.

According to a report in the Greene County Daily World, 69-year-old Judith Kirk succumbed to her injuries Saturday at Wishard Hospital in Indianapolis after being rescued from a fire at her home the previous Saturday.

The paper says Kirk suffered severe smoke inhalation as firefighters couldn't find her on the first attempt when they responded to the fire.

The fire, reportedly. Was caused by an electrical issue in her bathroom, either from the ceiling light fixture or the exhaust fan.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page