News Sections
Audio
Lyons Woman Succumbs To Fire Injuries
Updated May 5, 2013 1:00 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LYONS) - A Greene County woman died this weekend from injuries sustained in a mobile home fire last week.

According to a report in the Greene County Daily World, 69-year-old Judith Kirk succumbed to her injuries Saturday at Wishard Hospital in Indianapolis after being rescued from a fire at her home the previous Saturday.

The paper says Kirk suffered severe smoke inhalation as firefighters couldn't find her on the first attempt when they responded to the fire.

The fire, reportedly. Was caused by an electrical issue in her bathroom, either from the ceiling light fixture or the exhaust fan.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback