WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

IDHS Warns Hoosiers Of Carbon Monoxide Danger Of Generators

Last updated on Wednesday, September 17, 2008

(UNDATED) - With so many power outages and other problems that have resulted from Sunday’s storms, one thing has seen a marked increase: the use of generators.

The Indiana Department of Homeland Security, however, wants to remind Hoosiers that, if not properly used, generators can pose a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

IDHS reminds those needing to use generators that they should be kept outside away from windows and other openings, carbon monoxide detectors should be kept on, and you should never refuel your generator while it is running.

Finally, if you feel sick or dizzy or if your carbon monoxide detector goes off, evacuate the house and call 911.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page