News Sections
IDHS Warns Hoosiers Of Carbon Monoxide Danger Of Generators
Updated May 5, 2013 1:00 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(UNDATED) - With so many power outages and other problems that have resulted from Sunday's storms, one thing has seen a marked increase: the use of generators.

The Indiana Department of Homeland Security, however, wants to remind Hoosiers that, if not properly used, generators can pose a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

IDHS reminds those needing to use generators that they should be kept outside away from windows and other openings, carbon monoxide detectors should be kept on, and you should never refuel your generator while it is running.

Finally, if you feel sick or dizzy or if your carbon monoxide detector goes off, evacuate the house and call 911.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File