Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Friday, July 11, 2008
(UNDATED) - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has announced they’re going to start issuing temporary trailers to those who have been displaced by last month’s flooding.
Morgan, Bartholomew and Vigo Counties will be where most of the trailers will go, however, other counties that have been heavily affected such as Owen will also get consideration.
FEMA spokesman Cleo Howell says, due to safety concerns over the formaldehyde levels in FEMA trailers used along the Gulf Coast after Hurricane Katrina, which, oddly enough, were mostly built in Indiana, trailers used here will be more closely inspected for formaldehyde.
Howell says the trailers will meet with Indiana guidelines for the chemical which is used as a wood preservative in mobile homes.
The trailers will be turn-key ready, with furniture, dishes and linens so those who move in can get right down to business.
Trailers can be used for 18 months as long as the residents work with caseworkers on finding permanent living arrangements.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page