(BEDFORD) - The Lawrence County Community Foundation has announced more than $42,000 in grants for various projects around the county.
The board of directors says they prioritized beautification projects such as doing clean-up work at 5th and H Streets, or the Limestone Girls Club's "Our Park Needs a Makeover" project.
The biggest grant went to the Lawrence County Economic Growth Council for $8,000 to develop "Quality of Life" brochures.
For a full list of groups, projects and grants, scroll down.
- Lawrence County Economic Growth Council - Quality of Life Brochures: $8,000
- Bedford Chamber of Commerce - Lawrence County Leaders: $7,800
- Lawrence County Museum of History - 923 15th St. Facade Replacement: $5,000
- Limestone Girls Club - Our Park Needs a Makeover: $5,000
- Bedford Urban Enterprise Assn., Inc. - 5th & H Street Cleanup: $4,000
- Bedford Foundation for Youth - Boys Club Football: $3,600
- Bedford Middle School - Smarter Feedback: $2,499
- Lawrence County Habitat for Humanity - Tool Drive: $2,000
- American Red Cross Hoosier Hills Chapter - Hello's From Home: $1,236
- Prevent Child Abuse Lawrence County - Kids on the Block: $1,200
- NLCS (Challenge Grant) - Study Trips: $850
- Pregnancy Care Center - Organization Assessment: $800
- Lawrence County Cancer Patients' Services - Going the Extra Mile Because We Care!: $500
- Hoosier Uplands Hospice - Music-Integrative Therapy for Hospice: $448
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org