WBIW.com News - local
Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Flood Closures And Warnings
Last updated on Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Updated 6/10/2008 10:05am
(BEDFORD) - Here is your most up to date list of road closures, warnings and other problems.
New/changed roads marked in boldface
- 2,000 evacuated by boat from Vigo County.
- 1,500 evacuated in Daviess County (Elnora, Plainville).
- 4,000 to be evacuated from Jackson County (Seymour).
- Coast Guard helicopters assisting with rescue efforts in Owen County.
- 900 displaced in Bartholomew County, State Police deployed to area to assist local law enforcement.
- HAZMAT spill in Parke County (Raccoon Lake).
- Record flood levels along East Fork of White River.
- Town of Worthington being evacuated (Owen County)
- National Guard providing water in area including Brown County (Nineveh), Bartholomew County (Hope), Vermillion County (St. Bernice), and Morgan County (Paragon).
- Vectren reports gas outages in Seymour, Columbus and Martinsville.
- I-70 now listed as open in both direction. Detours have been taken down.
- City of Worthington has been cut off by flood waters. National Guard is assisting American Red Cross by delivering food, water to Worthington by Blackhawk helicopter.
- Fatalities confirmed in Morgan and Bartholomew Counties
- IN-450 CLOSED at Williams
- Buddha Bypass CLOSED
- Earl Rd. CLOSED
- Ft. Ritner Rd. CLOSED
- Lawrenceport Rd. CLOSED
- Pumphouse Rd. CLOSED
- River Rd. CLOSED
- Rivervale area CLOSED
- Slew Rd. CLOSED
- Stumphole Bridge Rd. CLOSED
- Mill Creek Rd. CLOSED
- Bedford: Flood warning for White River East Fork until at least Wednesday morning. River levels expected to crest 9.9 feet over flood stage by Wednesday morning, causing extensive flooding of South I Street. Salt Creek will flood extensively from Patton Hill Rd. to river. At least 2 homes south of IN-158 may need to evacuate.
- Rivervale: Flood warning for White River East Fork until further notice. River levels expected to crest 13 feet over flood stage by Tuesday evening. Some evacuations will be needed near Fort Ritner. Backwater will flood county roads for some distance from the river proper.
- Williams: Flood warning for White River East Fork until further notice. River levels are expected to crest 8 feet above flood stage by Wednesday afternoon. Some residents in river cabins may need to evacuate, and backwater will affect residents near local streams. IN-450 and CR400 South will flood. Dillman Rd. (CR1000 West) is currently flooded.
- I-65 CLOSED. Northbound traffic only allowed to exit at IN-46 to travel west. No eastbound traffic allowed.
- US-31 through Columbus NOW OPEN
- US-421 CLOSED at IN-46
- IN-11 CLOSED at Southern Crossing and I-65
- IN-11 CLOSED from Garden City to Little Acres
- IN-46 CLOSED westbound between Columbus and I-65
- IN-46 NOW OPEN west of I-65
- IN-252 CLOSED between I-65 and IN-9
- CR550 CLOSED from IN-46 to I-65
- Columbus: Flood warning for White River East Fork until Tuesday afternoon. River levels currently cresting 9 feet over flood stage. Record level flooding in progress. Evacuations likely along IN-46, and flooding begins in western and southern Columbus. IN-46 and IN-11 impassable by car.
- IN-135 NOW OPEN from Morgantown to Nashville
- IN-135 NOW OPEN from IN-46 to Story
- IN-45 NOW OPENeast of Bloomington and Traveloc
- US-40 HEAVY TRAFFIC due to I-70 detours
- IN-42 CLOSED from IN-59 to west of Poland
- IN-46 CLOSED at Bowling Green
- IN-59 CLOSED south of Clay City to Eel River Bridge
- IN-246 CLOSED at Eel River Bridge
- IN-57 CLOSED at Washington
- IN-58 CLOSED from IN-57 to IN-67
- IN-358 CLOSED at Odon
- US-231 CLOSED from IN-57 to IN-67
- IN-43 NOW OPEN from IN-48 to IN-54
- IN-48 CLOSED from Jasonville to IN-157
- IN-54 NOW OPENfrom US-231/IN-157 to Bloomfield
- IN-57 CLOSED from IN-54/US-231 to IN-58 (Elnora)
- IN-67 CLOSED form IN-54 to US-231
- IN-67 CLOSED near Worthington
- IN-67 CLOSED at CR250 North
- IN-157 CLOSED from IN-67/US-231 to IN-48
- Newberry: Flood warning for White River until further notice. Major flooding is currently occurring and is forecast to continue. River levels will crest 15.7 feet over flood stage. If it rises to 16 feet over, an "unbelievable flood" will occur, with water over US-231 and on the outskirts of Lyons and Bloomfield. Levees will top out, and if they fail, the Town of Plainville will flood.
- US-50 is still open (confirmed 11:02am Monday via Jackson County Sheriff's Dept.)
- IN-58 NOW OPEN at CR400 South
- IN-235 CLOSED at covered bridge east of Medora
- IN-250 NOW OPEN between Dudleytown and Uniontown
- IN-258 CLOSED from Cortland to Seymour and east of Belford Bridge
- CR25 East (Baseline Rd) CLOSED in Honeytown area
- CR50 North CLOSED between US-31 and CR950 East (Chestnut Ridge area)
- CR225 West CLOSED between CR300 North and Ewing Bridge
- CR300 North CLOSED east of Honeytown to Shieldstown
- CR410 West CLOSED from US-50 to Vallonia (the Vallonia Bottoms)
- CR700 East CLOSED from Madden Hill to Roxy Roller Rink
- CR760 East (Lower Rockford Rd) CLOSED from 10th St. (Seymour) all the way north
- CR800 North CLOSED just west of CR700 East
- Shieldstown area CLOSED
- Slab Rd. CLOSED near Brownstown
- Tampico Pike CLOSED
- Seymour: Flood warning for White River East Fork until Thursday evening. River levels will crest 9.3 feet above flood level by Monday afternoon. Many evacuations will be necessary throughout rural Jackson County. Only roads passable will be I-65, US-50 and IN-11. IN-56 will flood. Railroads may see damage. River cabins will be destroyed. Massive damage to county road system. Water will top all levees.
- Shoals: Flood warning for White River East Fork until further notice. River levels expected to reach 6 feet over flood stage by Thursday evening. This will affect residential areas laong left bank at Shoals, necessitating evacuations of some moving or mobile homes. Local roads will flood more extensively. IN-550 to flood on right bank between Trinity and Dover Hill.
- IN-37 NOW OPEN between Bloomington and Indianapolis WITH DETOURS around Martinsville
- IN-135 CLOSED north of IN-45 junction
- IN-135 CLOSED north of Bloomington
- IN-37 COMPROMISED at IN-144 north of Martinsville, to have 1 lane open by Monday evening
- IN-37 CLOSED southbound at Egbert Rd. due to large hole in roadway and exposed gas pipes
- IN-45 CLOSED from IN-135 to Monroe County line
- IN-42 CLOSED north of Eminence
- IN-142 CLOSED 1 mile west of IN-39
- IN-144 CLOSED between IN-37 and IN-67
- IN-144 CLOSED between Pennington Rd. and Johnson Rd. due to large culvert and road bed being washed away, possibly lengthy repair
- Blue Bluff Rd. CLOSED between Martinsville and Maple Turn Rd.
- IN-46 CLOSED west of Spencer (Bridge)
- Spencer: Flood warning for White River until Thursday evening. River levels expected to crest 13.1 feet over flood stage by Monday afternoon. Railroad tracks and IN-67 will begin to flood. Flood waters may affect new wastewater treatment tank built last year.
- IN-256 NOW OPEN between US-31 and IN-39
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page