(VINCENNES) - State police aren't the only government officials with traffic warnings for this weekend, the Indiana Department of Transportation is trying to get people where they're going safely as well.
Starting at noon today, INDOT will be wrapping up all highway maintenance work for the weekend to help keep both drivers and road crews safe.
As a warning, though, they are advising of several compromised roadways throughout Southern Indiana, including roads in Gibson, Knox, Posey, Spencer, Sullivan and Vanderburgh Counties.
So far, however, everything in Lawrence, Monroe and other surrounding counties seems to be running as usual.
Scroll down to see INDOT's list of problematic roadways.
- IN-64 CLOSED from US-41 to IN-57 (detour - US-41 to IN-168 to IN-57)
- US-41 restricted to 1 lane from US-50 to IN-550 for resurfacing
- IN-62 restricted to 1 lane on bridge over Wabash River
- IN-62 restricted to 1 lane .25 miles west of Mt. Vernon square for pipe replacement
- IN-68 CLOSED from IN-161 to US-231 (detour - US-231 to I-64 to IN-161)
- IN-48 restricted to 1 lane at bridge over Kettle Creek, .47 miles east of US-41
- US-41 restricted to 1 lane (both directions) from Water Works Rd. to Virginia Ave. for resurfacing
- IN-66 (Diamond Ave.) ramp northbound to US-41, and from US-41 to northbound IN-66 CLOSED (detour - Fares, Morgan or Weinbach)
- IN-66 (Diamond Ave.) restricted to 1 lane (both directions) between US-41 and Pigeon Creek for resurfacing
- IN-66 (Lloyd Expressway) restricted to 2 lanes (both directions) between US-41 and I-164 for resurfacing
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org