(BEDFORD) - Bedford City Utilities are getting ready to flush fire hydrants this week.
Flushing will start Today in the area around 16th and S Streets which includes the Bex and Edgewood Additions and Cambridge Square and Clover Park Apartments.
On the day your area hydrants get flushed, water customers may experience muddy or rusty water, and should avoid using for laundry, however, after flushing is complete, all customers would have to do is run the cold water for a while at each faucet to move the discolored water through your home's system.
Bedford Utilities also advises that flushing will be cancelled if the weather turns south. See below for a full list and schedule for hydrant flushings.
- Mon. 5/12: 16th & S Streets west - Bex Addition, Edgewood Addition, Campridge Square Apartments, Clover Park Apartments.
- Tue. 5/13: 17th & L Streets east, south to 27th - Rainbow Hills, Heritage Meadows, Baordview Addition.
- Wed. 5/14: Lincoln Ave. north of 15th Street, 15th Street west of L Street, north to 10th Street and John Williams Blvd.
- Thu. 5/15: 15th & E Streets, to 15th and K Streets, north to Breckenridge Rd.
- Fri. 5/16: 8th & O Streets west to X Street, north to 2nd Street, south to Heltonville Rd., Mt. Pleasant Rd. and Boyd Ln.
- Sun. 5/18: 16th & P Streets, east 17th Stret, south to 39th Street, west of M Street, Eastlake Dr. - Crawford Addition, Brook Knoll, Saddle Barn Addition
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org