(GUTHRIE) - A man with a garden hose may have saved his house after his wife's car caught fire in the driveway.
Guthrie, Shawswick and Pleasant Run firefighters were called to a home on Standish Steel Road yesterday for a car fire.
Guthrie Fire Chief Brian Hutchinson told WBIW News when the woman got home and pulled in the driveway, she got out and noticed smoke coming from the engine compartment of her Grand Prix.
The car would eventually catch fire and become fully involved. When firefighters arrived, they found the owners husband hosing down both the garage that was in front of the car, and the car itself.
Hutchinson said he can attest to that saving the home from catching fire.
Hutchinson also said that small things like that can make the jobs of firefighters a little easier, especially with how far they have to travel to a call at times.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org