WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Columbus Couple Dies In Fire

Last updated on Monday, March 31, 2008

(COLUMBUS) - A house fire claimed the lives of a married couple in Columbus early this morning.

Columbus firefighters responded to a house fire shortly after midnight. 74-year-old Bob Bennett and his daughter made it out of the burning home, but he went back in to save his 72-year old wife Nancy, who was bound to a wheelchair.

The couple died of smoke inhalation. Investigators say a cigarette ignited the couch and caught the living room on fire.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page