WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Short Causes Fire At Bloomington Wal-Mart

Last updated on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

(BLOOMINGTON) - A fire in the produce section of the Bloomington Wal-Mart shut down the store for about a half hour last night.

Monroe County's Van Buren Fire Department officials say flames in the store's largest meat refrigerator were seemingly caused by a wiring short.

The fire reportedly started around 9:20 last night and employees and customers weren't let back in until around 10:00pm.

Even at that, the store had cordoned off the grocery area of the store.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page