(BEDFORD) - A potential chimney fire claimed the better part of a house on the south side of Bedford yesterday afternoon.
Bedford fire officials say the owners of the home at 2036 31st Street had a fire in the fire place, and left the home thinking they had it extinguished.
A little after 3:00pm, neighbors called 911 reporting the house on fire, and when fire crews arrived, they found the family room and attic in flames.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, no determination as to extent of damage has been reported.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org