WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Reported At Mitchell American Legion

Last updated on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

(MITCHELL) - Mitchell fire fighters responded to a call of smoke in the Mitchell American Legion, Post 250.

Mitchell Volunteer Fire Chief Tyler Duncan says an air-conditioning unit caught on fire causing smoke to fill in room of the stone building. Duncan says 10 firemen and 3 trucks helped with the fire.

Fire fighters used fans to remove the remaining smoke from the building.

Duncan notes that the blaze was electrical in nature and caused about $5,000 damage. No one was injured in the fire.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page