News Sections
Audio
Fire Reported At Mitchell American Legion
Updated May 5, 2013 12:58 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - Mitchell fire fighters responded to a call of smoke in the Mitchell American Legion, Post 250.

Mitchell Volunteer Fire Chief Tyler Duncan says an air-conditioning unit caught on fire causing smoke to fill in room of the stone building. Duncan says 10 firemen and 3 trucks helped with the fire.

Fire fighters used fans to remove the remaining smoke from the building.

Duncan notes that the blaze was electrical in nature and caused about $5,000 damage. No one was injured in the fire.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback