News Sections
Audio
Fire Destroys Mitchell Home
Updated May 5, 2013 12:58 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - Fire fighters were called to a report of a house fire on South 10th Street in Mitchell about 5:00AM Sunday morning.

The Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department began fighting the fire and was able to contain it within 25 minutes.

It was learned that the house was being rented by Marilyn Barlow from Melvin Dillon, of Mitchell, who owned the house. Barlow was not at the home at the time of the fire. The house was completely gutted.

The State Fire Marshal has been called to investigate the scene. Officials say it may have starting in electrical wiring.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback