(WEST LAFAYETTE) - The search for Wade Steffey is over.
The Tippecanoe County coroner confirms the body found yesterday in Owen Hall is that of the Purdue freshman.
The cause of death is accidental high voltage electrocution. It's believed he tripped, fell behind a transformer and was hidden behind the device, which is the size of a small soft water tank.
The coroner believes Steffey was at that location ever since he disappeared on January 13th.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org