WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Mitchell Woman Dies After Getting Family Out Of Burning Home

Last updated on Monday, January 15, 2007

(MITCHELL) - Mitchell fire fighters were called to a report of a mobile home fire early Saturday morning.

Police say the mobile home on west Grissom Avenue was occupied by the Dale Foddrill family. 29-year-old Tamara Foddrill spotted the fire and began to usher her husband and three young children out of the burning residence.

Foddrill went back in the mobile home to try and save some mementos, however, she was unable to make it back out. Foddrill was found dead in the bathroom shower with the cold water running. Dunn Memorial Hospital personnel were called to the scene and an autopsy confirmed she died of smoke inhalation.

Dale Foddrill and his three children were checked out at the hospital and later released. The Fire Marshall's office was called in and determined the cause of the fire as electrical.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page