News Sections
Fire Destroys Family Home
Updated May 5, 2013 12:57 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(HURON) - A family of five was forced out of their home Monday morning after a fire gutted the structure.

The Huron, Marion, and Shawswick Volunteer Fire Departments were called to the Shon and Kim Belcher residence on Hwy. 50 just east of Huron.

The 6-month-old family dog is credited with waking the couple's son who was at home in bed trying to recover from sickness.

Officials say a borrowed ceramic heater caught on fire. Both Shon and Kim were at work when the call came in. Their other two children were at school at the time of the blaze.

The local Red Cross and Salvation Army showed up to help the family cope with the loss.

The family says they will be staying with other family members and friends as they plan to rebuild in the same location.

Shon says he was overwhelmed with the outpouring of help from the neighbors and friends.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File