News Sections
Mitchell Woman Dies After Getting Family Out Of Burning Home
Updated May 5, 2013 12:57 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - Mitchell fire fighters were called to a report of a mobile home fire early Saturday morning.

Police say the mobile home on west Grissom Avenue was occupied by the Dale Foddrill family. 29-year-old Tamara Foddrill spotted the fire and began to usher her husband and three young children out of the burning residence.

Foddrill went back in the mobile home to try and save some mementos, however, she was unable to make it back out. Foddrill was found dead in the bathroom shower with the cold water running. Dunn Memorial Hospital personnel were called to the scene and an autopsy confirmed she died of smoke inhalation.

Dale Foddrill and his three children were checked out at the hospital and later released. The Fire Marshall's office was called in and determined the cause of the fire as electrical.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File