INDIANA – You’ve filed your taxes – now the wait is on for your refund. Remember to allow two to three weeks before inquiring about status, as some returns may take longer due to factors like return errors or incomplete information.
DOR recommends using INTIME, the Indiana Taxpayer Information Management Engine, to check the status of your refund. This e-services portal is available 24/7 and does not require an INTIME logon to complete this task. Information is available from 2017 to the current tax year.
To request your refund status:
- Access INTIME at intime.dor.in.gov and select ‘Where’s my refund?’
- Select SSN or ITIN and enter your corresponding ID.
- Enter the tax year for which you are requesting the refund status.
- Enter the refund amount from your individual tax return which can be found on:
– Line 21 of your IT-40 Individual Income Tax Return Form.
– Line 21 of your IT-40PNR Part-Year or Full-Year Nonresident Individual Income Tax Return Form.
– Line 10 of your IT-40RNR Reciprocal Nonresident Individual Income Tax Return Form.
Every return is screened in order to protect taxpayer identities and refunds. You can rest assured that DOR is processing your return and refund as quickly as possible while ensuring your information is accurate and safe.
Once DOR initiates a direct deposit, our system will reflect the date it was processed. Normally, it takes seven business days for your financial institution to receive and process the funds.